Alfa Gro'N Win® is formulated to be fed as a ration balancer to complement a legume
forage (hay or pasture) that has a Relative Feed Value (RFV) greater than 103. Feed
the amount recommended below when the horse's mature weight is between 880 and 1100
pounds. Use the Buckeye Growth and Performance Chart to determine the amount of Alfa
Gro'N Win® to feed per day for horses whose mature weight is greater than 1100 lbs
or less than 880 lbs.
* Feed oats only if necessary to increase or maintain bodyweight.
** MIN (Minimum lbs/day) and MAX (Maximum lbs/day)
(1) The numbers above are listed as lbs of feed per animal per day.
(2) The quality and digestibility of the hay and pasture are heavily dependent on
the maturity of the plant (when harvested). It is extremely important that the horse
receives the amount of hay listed in the table (or its equivalent in pasture) in
order to maintain desired fiber levels in the total ration (i.e. gut function).
(3) The oats may be increased or decreased depending on the body condition score
of the horse, but the stated levels of ALFA GRO'N WIN® must be maintained.
(4) Buckeye Harvest Salt (block, brick, or granular) plus Buckeye Alfa Plus Mineral
& Vitamin Mix should be provided free choice.